This Cheese Omelette recipe is an all-time favourite that can be part of any meal, any time of the day, or night. While you can add so many other ingredients to turn this dish into Spanish Omlette, Parsi Omlette and so on, at the basic level just follow this simple recipe and savour the incomparable taste of molten cheese inside a folded Omelette.
Tomato ketchup- 1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper to taste (Tip: Keep salt to the minimum as cheese, butter and ketchup—all contain some salt.)
1. Break the eggs in a manner that you can gently pour out only the whites in a bowl.
2. Put the egg yolk in a separate bowl.
3. Whisk the white, till stiff, using a fork, egg whisker or hand blender.
4. Then add the egg yolk, and beat the mixture really well.
5. Add the salt and pepper to the mixture.
6. In a pan, add the butter and switch on the heat source.
7. Let the butter melt.
8. Add the egg mixture and turn the heat source to minimum.
9. When the eggs set on one side, gently flip it.
10. Spread the chopped tomatoes along with a teaspoon of tomato ketchup to this side. Now, add the cheese slices covering the entire Omelette.
11. As the Omelette browns on the other side, fold the Omelette in half and take it out on a plate.
Your Omelette is ready.
Note: Since the cheese will melt inside this folded Omelette, it is highly recommended that you eat it piping hot for enjoying its full flavor.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 3 mins
Total time: 8 mins
If you enjoy reading this, please click on the like button or leave your comments below