Whole Chicken -1 (cut into 8 pieces)
Grated Cheese-50 grams
Corn Flour-2 tablespoon full
Salt and Pepper to taste
Utensil-pressure cooker and a vessel
In a pressure cooker, put the chicken along with chopped onion, garlic, and ginger, water and some salt. Close the lid and put it on the heat source. When the cooker comes to full pressure (i.e. when the weight lifts and there is a whistling sound), reduce the heat to minimum and cook for 5 minutes and switch off the heat. Let the cooker cool and open the lid. Remove the chicken pieces and keep it in a plate. Shred the flesh from the neck and the wings and keep it aside. Strain the liquid through a sieve into a vessel. Press well so that most of the onion and garlic is added to the liquid. Discard the rest. In this liquid, add the cheese and the sugar. Bring this mixture to a boil. Meanwhile, dissolve the corn flour in the milk and (this is done separately) add to this mixture to give it a nice creamy taste. Boil for 2 more minutes and add the shredded chicken. A trick is to taste the soup to see whether the salt is alright or whether you need to add a little more. Your chicken soup is ready. You may freeze the extra soup to consume at a later date.
Breaded baked chicken
Boiled chicken from the above recipe
Slices of bread toasted and crushed-4 slices
Wheat Flour-2 tablespoon
Salt-Just a sprinkle
Utensils-Baking tray, oven and a bowl
Mix the egg and wheat flour together and add a little salt. In another plate, keep the crushed bread. Take the chicken piece one by one and coat them first in the egg and wheat flour mixture and then coat with the bread crumbs. Put it on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. Your chicken is ready.
Bread-4 slices preferably cut thick (you can use any bread/bun of your choice)
Garlic-9 cloves crushed
Salted Butter-20 grams
Any fresh green herb of choice
In a pan, warm up the butter and add the crushed garlic. Let it cook for a minute and then switch off. Meanwhile, toast the bread lightly. Spread the garlic mixture on the toast, and then brown it in a small oven for 5 minutes. You can sprinkle any fresh herbs on this toast. Your delicious garlic bread is ready.
Note: This can be made with any seasonal European vegetable and, therefore, this list is only indicative.
French beans-100 grams
Peas shelled or snow peas-100 grams
Salt and Pepper to taste
Wash the vegetables thoroughly. Steam the vegetables together in a microwave steamer for 5 minutes. In a wok, heat up the butter and add all the vegetables. Add the salt and pepper. Stir well and turn off the heat. Your sauté vegetables are ready.
Sequencing & Parallel processing
1. First of all, get all your ingredients and vessels together.
2. Then begin with the soup.
3. While the soup is cooking, steam the vegetables in the microwave and toast the bread for the breaded baked chicken.
4. Once this is done, toast the bread lightly for the garlic toast.
5. While the chicken soup is cooling down, sauté the vegetables and put it in a casserole.
6. Make the soup and again put it in a casserole if you want the soup to remain piping hot.
7. Make the breaded chicken and put it in the oven.
8. Make the butter + garlic spread. Put the spread on the toast for the garlic toast.
9. Take out the chicken from the oven.
10. Put in the toast to brown for the garlic bread.
11. Your dinner is ready in a jiffy-less than 30 minutes.
© Copyright Cooking in a Jiffy 2013
|If you enjoy reading this, please click on the like button or leave your comments below|